The Finance Department is the hub of the City's financial management system. The Finance Department is responsible for:
- Accounts Receivable – Billing, receipting, and collecting local improvement districts (LID) assessments, engineering services, grave sales, burial fees, and fire protection agreements.
- Accounting – Maintaining the City’s general ledger.
- Budget – Coordinating budget preparation and monitoring the budget along with the City Manager’s Office.
- Court payments – Receipting court payments
- Financial Reports – Assisting the auditors in the preparation of the City’s annual financial statements
- Investments – Investing activities for all City funds
- Licenses – Administration of City business licenses and dog licenses
- Taxes – Administration of City transient room tax and fuel tax
- Transportation – Administration of the City of Pendleton Transportation programs for the public and for the senior/disabled.
- Utility billing – City water and sewer utility billings, receipts, and collections
- Payables – Generating all City checks for payment of goods and services
- Payroll – Generating payroll and maintaining payroll records
- Lien Searches