What is Weatherize Pendleton?
Do you like to FREEZE in the winter and BOIL in the summer?
Didn’t think so. Neither do we. That’s why we created Weatherize Pendleton.
Weatherize Pendleton is here to educate you about how to affordably make your home more comfortable!
The City of Pendleton in partnership with Energy Trust of Oregon initiated Weatherize Pendleton in 2011 to:
- Save money for residents by increasing home energy efficiency
- Increase residents’ comfort by improving homes’ ability to weather the seasons
- Promote environmental stewardship by decreasing unnecessary energy consumption
Weatherize Pendleton is an educational campaign. We come to the Pendleton Farmers Market and other events to provide you with information about how to increase home comfort by taking advantage of Energy Trust’s amazing incentive programs.
And once you’ve weatherized, don’t forget to spread the word! The biggest reason residents don’t take advantage of Energy Trust’s programs is they don’t know about them. Tell a friend and help us Weatherize Pendleton!!
Income-Qualified Weatherization and Energy Assistance
Here are some great resources to help you save money at home or receive emergency energy help:
- CAPECO (Community Action Program of East Central Oregon) links for energy assistance programs—call 541-276-1926
- Energy Trust links to State and other energy assistance programs (website provides detailed information, but CAPECO administers most of these programs)
Find out more about Weatherize Pendleton by stopping by the Community Development/Public Works department in City Hall.
To encourage weatherization, the City of Pendleton has partnered with Energy Trust of Oregon to promote Energy Trust’s low-cost – no-cost services and incentive programs.
Did you know?
As a paying customer of Pacific Power and/or Cascade Natural Gas, you are eligible to enjoy many cost-saving weatherization measures. Take advantage of these amazing services!!
Here’s just one example of potential savings:
Install floor, knee wall, or rim joist insulation and get $0.30 back per square foot installed! Immediately enjoy your reduced heating and cooling costs.
You may install insulation yourself, but be sure to check in with Energy Trust before beginning to make sure you qualify for the cash-back.
Non-Owner Occupied Resources
Question: I live in an apartment that I don’t own. Am I still eligible for weatherization incentives?
Answer: YES! Energy Trust offers incentives for all types of housing. Just be aware that as a renter, you will have to work with your structure’s owner to receive services and incentives.
- If you are a renter, click here.
- If you live in or manage apartments, click here.
- If you live in or rent out a mobile home, click here.
Mobile Homes Special Offer!
If you live in a mobile home, you qualify for FREE weatherization measures, courtesy of Energry Trust. Here’s what you have to do:
- Contact Dorothy Manley at Scott’s Heating and Air Conditioning in La Grande: 541-963-4316
- Ask to participate in Energy Trust’s no-cost mobile home weatherization program.
- Schedule a time for the folks at Scott’s to come evaluate your mobile home and perform sealing work!
- Decide whether or not to implement other recommended energy-saving measures. This brochure lists all incentives available for mobile homes.