The Pendleton Veterinary Clinic was the first recipient of
the Pendleton Development Commission’s Fresh Start
grant program. The clinic moved to its new location in
Build with a Fresh Start grant!
If you think you might like to build a new commercial building in Pendleton, the urban renewal program may have grant funding to cover part of your construction cost. It’s our Fresh Start grant.
Commercial buildings, which can include rental apartment construction, will receive up to $100,000 or 10% of design and construction costs in a non-reimbursable grant. That’s right. You don’t have to repay it.
A few requirements:
- The building must be built within the urban renewal district.
- You must submit a minimum of two bids or construction estimates with your application.
- You must submit at least preliminary designs of the new structure.
- You must attend a committee meeting where your grant request will be reviewed for approval.
- You must be an entity (i.e., a business) that will pay full property taxes on the new structure.
- There are more details in the Fresh Start application packet. You can download it here.