Increase the vitality of Pendleton’s downtown.The Pendleton City Council created the Urban Renewal District, which is managed by the Pendleton Development Commission to:
- Connect downtown to the Umatilla River.
- Improve downtown Pendleton as a convention and tourism destination.
- Develop a range of housing options for a mixed use downtown.
The Pendleton Development Commission (PDC) is a governmental unit separate from the City of Pendleton, although the members of the City Council serve as directors of the PDC. It is advised by a committee of citizen volunteers who meet monthly. The Urban Renewal District includes the area south of the Umatilla River from Westgate to Highway 11 generally southerly to Frazer Avenue, with some segments south of Frazer.
- The PDC meets monthly on the 3rd Tuesday at 6 P.M. at the Pendleton City Hall Council Chambers.
- For further information contact the Executive Director Robb Corbett at 541-966-0201, or robb.corbettci.pendleton.or.us (send him an email.)
2016-2018 PDC Goals
Goal 1: Encourage development of vacant upper stories in downtown historical buildings.
Goal 2: Develop the best use of properties owned in the G2 area.
Goal 3: Develop and improve downtown amenities, including streets, sidewalks, street trees and parking.
Goal 4: Develop a Festival Area or Public Square.
- PDC Budgets by year
- PDC Financial Reports by year
- Urban Renewal Expenditures Summary 2003-2018 (PDF)
- Urban Renewal Expenditures by Category 2003-2018 (PDF)
- Urban Renewal Expenditures by Category, by Year, by Payee 2003-2018 (PDF)
- Downtown & Riverfront Urban Renewal Plan and Report
- Map of the Urban Renewal District
- Central River Quarter Enhancement Plan
- River Parkway Master Plan - 2013
- View Agendas
- View Minutes