City of Pendleton Closures & Resources During Coronavirus Pandemic
In response to the Coronavirus pandemic, City offices are closing to the public effective March 19, 2020.
While closed to normal operations, all City departments are working to continue providing services to our citizens.
Answers to common questions:
Is a closure really necessary?
In keeping with the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Oregon Health Authority (OHA), and recommendations from our Governor and the President, the City has determined that the best way to protect our citizens and community is to limit social interactions. Also known as “flattening the curve”, science and history shows that taking these strong steps now will help protect communities and individuals by slowing the spread of the virus.
Does this mean the City is closed for business?
No. City employees are still on the job and hard at work to find alternative ways of serving our clients and customers. Some departments, like emergency services of Police and Fire, will operate with few differences noticeable to the public, while others will be cancelling or suspending normal operations, like Municipal Court.
How am I supposed get service if I can’t even get through the door?
Please call us. While we don’t have all the answers, we are here and dedicated to helping you via telephone, email, Skype, drop-box and other means. For instance, water bills can be paid via phone by calling 877-386-6122 or online by visiting https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/pendletonor (you will need your account # and last payment amount). Court fines can be paid online by visiting www.citepayusa.com (you will need your citation # and date of birth).
What if the business I need to conduct cannot be done electronically?
Please call us. Numbers are provided below and throughout our website to connect you to all City departments and services. If there are no other alternatives, appointments can be made in limited circumstances.
What if I’ve been laid off and can’t afford to pay my water bill?
The City has low income assistance available through CAPECO. To seek assistance, please contact CAPECO at 541-276-1926. They will determine eligibility based on established criteria. The City of Pendleton does not determine who is eligible for assistance.
City Department Resources & Contacts During Closures
- Finance & Municipal Court Payments or Main Line: 541-966-0207
- Community Development Main Line: 541-966-0203
- Parks & Recreation Main Line: 541-276-8100
- Public Works Main Lines: City Hall 541-966-0202 or Public Works Shops 541-276-3078
- Administration Main Line: 541-966-0201
- Police (Non-emergencies): 541-276-4411
- Fire (Non-emergencies): 541-276-1442
- Library Main Line: 541-966-0380
Additional Public Information & Resources
- Flattening the Curve - What does it mean, how can you help?
- CDC - Fact Sheet about COVID-19 (PDF)
- CDC - How to protect yourself
- CDC - If you think you are sick
- CDC - Disinfecting your home if someone is sick
- CDC - Community Mitigation Framework
- CDC - What you need to know about handwashing (VIDEO)
- White House- The President's Coronavirus Guidelines for America (PDF)
- WHO - Basic Protective Measures Against the New Virus