The City of Pendleton is accepting applications for Summer interns to work approximately 2 months at the UAS Range. Interns will be responsible for: Assisting UAS Range staff in supporting drone operations at the range; assisting in creating new ground support systems; and exploring Innovation Center rapid prototyping equipment, which would include helping range customers in the use of these tools.
Applicants will need:
- Interest in STEAM
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in teams
- Experience programming in C, C++, C#, Arduino, python, or Java; or
- Experience with CAD (Inventor, Solidworks, etc.); or
- Experience building radio-controlled vehicles; or
- Experience building robotic systems
Pay will be $11.50 per hour, no benefits. Applications are available at City Hall, 500 SW Dorion, or HERE. Completed applications must be returned to the Human Resources Office at the same address or sent to human.resourcesci.pendleton.or.us no later than the closing date of June 19, 2020. The City of Pendleton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.