Flood Insurance Claims
If you have flood insurance, contact your insurance adjuster immediately.
- If you begin cleanup, salvage, and drying as soon as possible. Do not wait for the adjuster. Take photos for use as an inventory. All steps suggested on this page can be taken before an adjuster arrives.
- Clean house so the adjuster can see the damage.
- Keep damaged materials for proof of loss are documented photos talk to your insurance agent.
- Leave a phone number where you can be reached when the adjuster arrives.
- The adjuster will assess damages to the house. The owner should sign a proof of loss statement. Additional damage can be added when found.
- Listen and read and watch social media only from trusted sources such as the City of Pendleton website at www.pendleton.or.us
- If you do not have flood insurance, your homeowner’s insurance likely will not cover the loss.