Oregon Library Passport Program
Coming your way January 1st – a “passport” to libraries across the state: the Oregon Library Passport Program.
If you have a current Pendleton Public Library card, this program is FREE for YOU! Register and check out library materials from participating libraries throughout Oregon.
- You can register and check out materials at participating libraries all over the state!
- You choose which library to use, where and when it best suits you!
- You can use the library most convenient to where you work, shop, or vacation!
- It’s easy! If your home library is a participating Passport Program Library and you have a valid library card, all you need is the personal identification necessary to obtain a card from another Passport Library and agree to abide by their rules.
- If you don’t have a home library, you can still participate by purchasing a non-resident card at a participating Passport Program Library of your choice.
Here is how it works:
Oregon public and academic libraries opt to become Passport Program participating libraries. Their registered card-holders are then able to visit, register without the customary “out of area” card fees, and use the materials at any other participating library. Their home library card becomes their “passport” or ticket to registering for library cards at other participating libraries throughout Oregon. Patrons are responsible for managing their checkouts, complying with the Passport member library’s policies regarding due dates, late fees, and materials limits, and must return materials directly to the library they borrowed from.
Passport Program details can be found at www.librariesoforegon.org/Passport including a list of participating libraries. Or, call the library, 541-966-0380, for more information.